How does Blu Karb conceive of the theme of climate change?
The industrial charcoal production technology used by Blu Karb reduces CO2 emissions and generates industrial carbon credits. On the other hand, reforestation helps in the creation of forest
carbon sinks, ensures the supply of raw material to supply factories for charcoal production, and preserves existing forests from deforestation.
To achieve this:
- Blu Karb uses "MAGE" technology, which reduces CO2 emissions during charcoal production. In fact, the gases emitted during combustion to produce charcoal
are centralized in a chimney, then are destroyed. This results in hot air which constitutes a source of energy to power a wood dryer or a turbine.
- Blu Karb is committed to sustainable forest management through reforestation. This feeds the charcoal production plants while preserving the local forest.
What actions has Blu Karb developed for its employees and the community in the production of charcoal?
- Blu Karb provides training for employees to produce charcoal, and converts charcoal makers from the craft sector.
- Blu Karb has developed a system for protecting employees subjected to the bad weather that produces charcoal.
- Blu Karb uses a charcoal production technology that avoids pollution of the soil, and therefore of the water table. The tars from carbonization for the production of charcoal are recovered.
- Finally, Blu Karb uses industrial and forest wood waste to produce its charcoal. Municipalities and individuals can deposit wood waste, which avoids burning it and reduces the risk of fire.
How important is eco-innovation in the charcoal production process?
Blu Karb's eco-innovation for charcoal production concerns the entire production chain: raw material, technology and charcoal.
- The raw material is cut into chips and then dried, in order to have faster combustion to produce quality charcoal, which releases less CO2.
- Blu Karb uses a single charcoal production unit: a sustainable kiln that transforms charcoal in 24 hours, burns the gases emitted and reuses hot air.
- The charcoal produced is free of breakage and dust.
Combine economic performance and sustainable development in charcoal production?
- Blu Karb uses industrial and forestry wood waste, as well as burnt trees from forest fires, to produce quality charcoal.
- Bagging of charcoal is carried out in recycled bags or cartons.
- The kilns used by Blu Karb to produce charcoal last 10 years and are 100% recyclable.
- For the same quantity of charcoal produced, Blu Karb reduces its needs by 30% of raw material.